Residency at the Villa Sträuli Winterthur 2020Offer:
- A total of six residencies, each three months in duration, will be awarded in 2020; two residencies are awarded for each three-month period.
- In 2021 there will be three studios in period D (January 15 until April 15) to apply for.
- In each year one of the residencies will be awarded to an artist who submits a project proposal that relates to the residency location (the city of Winterthur). This "Wintherthur Studio" is supported and co-selected by the city of Winterthur's representative for cultural affairs.
- Artists selected for a residency will receive a live-in studio free-of-charge plus a monthly stipend of CHF 1000 (single person) / CHF 1500 (artist couple)
- No more than three applications may be made.
- A: January 15 - April 15, 2020
- B: May 2 - July 31, 2020
- C: September 1 - November 30, 2020
- D: January 15 - April 15, 2021
Submission of application:
- January 15 - January 31, 2019 (Deadline: January 31, 2019, midnight CET)
Conditions of participation
- Submission must be made in electronic form with the application form via our website.
- The artistic committee reserves the right to exclude incomplete dossiers from consideration.
- The committee’s decision is final. There will be no correspondence concerning decisions.
- If selected, the applicant agrees to take all necessary measures for commencing the residency in Winterthur by the agreed upon date and to be present at the studio in Winterthur for at least 80% of the designated time (residency requirement).
- The applicant takes note that he/she has to write a little report (1 page A4) for the attention of the direction of the Villa Sträuli and the Sulzberg Foundation
The applicant has read and agrees to the conditions of participation.